Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
The cellular basis of dendrite pathology in neurodegenerative diseases
- The cellular basis of dendrite pathology in neurodegenerative diseases
- Kweon, Jung Hyun; Kim, Sunhong; Lee, Sung Bae
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sung Bae
- Issue Date
- BMB Reports, 50(1), 5-11
- Article Type
- Article; Review
- Alzheimer' s Disease (AD); Animal; Animals; Axon; Axons; Cognitive Deficits; Cytoskeleton; Degenerative Disease; Dendrite; Dendrite Pathology; Dendrites; Dopaminergic Neurons; Golgi Outposts; Golgi Outposts; Human; Humans; In Vivo; Microtubule Stabilizing Agent; Mito Chondria; Mitochondria; Nerve Cell; Neurodegenerative Diseases; Neurodegenerative Diseases; Neurons; Parkinson' s Disease; Pathology; Secretory Pathway; Synaptic Plasticity; Tau Transgenic Mice
- One of the characteristics of the neurons that distinguishesthem from other cells is their complex and polarized structureconsisting of dendrites, cell body, and axon. The complexityand diversity of dendrites are particularly well recognized, andaccumulating evidences suggest that the alterations in thedendrite structure are associated with many neurodegenerativediseases. Given the importance of the proper dendriticstructures for neuronal functions, the dendrite pathologyappears to have crucial contribution to the pathogenesis ofneurodegenerative diseases. Nonetheless, the cellular andmolecular basis of dendritic changes in the neurodegenerativediseases remains largely elusive. Previous studies in normalcondition have revealed that several cellular components,such as local cytoskeletal structures and organelles locatedlocally in dendrites, play crucial roles in dendrite growth. Byreviewing what has been unveiled to date regarding dendritegrowth in terms of these local cellular components, we aim toprovide an insight to categorize the potential cellular basis thatcan be applied to the dendrite pathology manifested in manyneurodegenerative diseases. © 2017 by the The Korean Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- The Biochemical Society of the Republic of Korea
- Related Researcher
Lee, Sung Bae
SB LAB(Lab of Neurodegenerative diseases and Aging)
Cellular mechanism of neurodegenerative diseases; Neuronal maintenance and remodeling; 퇴행성 뇌질환의 세포기전; 신경계 유지 및 리모델링 연구
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesSB LAB(Lab of Neurodegenerative diseases and Aging)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.