Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
MPK9 and MPK12 function in SA-induced stomatal closure in Arabidopsis thaliana
- MPK9 and MPK12 function in SA-induced stomatal closure in Arabidopsis thaliana
- Khokon, Md. Atiqur Rahman; Salam, Mohammad Abdus; Jammes, Fabien; Ye, Wenxiu; Hossain, Mohammad Anowar; Okuma, Eiji; Nakamura, Yoshimasa; Mori, Izumi C.; Kwak, June M.; Murata, Yoshiyuki
- DGIST Authors
- Kwak, June M.
- Issue Date
- Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, 81(7), 1394-1400
- Article Type
- 2 (2 Amino 3 Methoxyphenyl) 4H 1 Benzopyran 4 One; Abscisic Acid (ABA); Abscisic Acid (ABA); Abscisic Acid (ABA); Acetates; Acetic Acid Derivative; Activated Protein Kinases; Agonists; Arabidopsis; Arabidopsis Protein; Arabidopsis Proteins; Arabidopsis Thaliana; Cell Signaling; Cells; Cyclopentane Derivative; Cyclopentanes; Cytology; Cytosolic; Cytosolic Alkalization; Cytosolic Alkalization; Cytosolic Calcium; Drug Effects; Enzyme Activity; Enzymes; Flavonoid; Flavonoids; Gene Expression Regulation; Gene Expression Regulation, Plant; Genetics; Guard Cells; Guard Cells; Hydrogen Ion Concentration; Hypersensitive Response; Jasmonic Acid Methyl Ester; Membrane Potential; Membrane Potentials; Metabolism; Methyl Jasmonate; Methyl Jasmonate; Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase; Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase; Mitogen Activated Protein Kinases; Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase; Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase; MPK12 Protein, Arabidopsis; MPK9 Protein, Arabidopsis; Mutation; Mutation; Oxygen Species Production; Oxylipin; Oxylipins; pH; Phytohormone; Plant Growth Regulators; Plant Shutdowns; Plant Stoma; Plant Stomata; Plants (Botany); Protein Kinase Inhibitor; Protein Kinase Inhibitors; Proteins; Reactive Oxygen Metabolite; Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS); Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS); Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS); S Type Anion Channel in Guard Cells; Salicylic Acid; Salicylic Acid; Salicylic Acid; Salicylic Acid; Signal Transduction; Signal Transduction; Signaling; Stomatal Closures; Superoxide Generation; Suspension Culture; Voltage Dependent Anion Channels; Voltage Dependent Anion Channel; Wild Type Plants
- Salicylic acid (SA) induces stomatal closure sharing several components with abscisic acid (ABA) and methyl jasmonate (MeJA) signaling. We have previously shown that two guard cell-preferential mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs), MPK9 and MPK12, positively regulate ABA signaling and MeJA signaling in Arabidopsis thaliana. In this study, we examined whether these two MAPKs are involved in SA-induced stomatal closure using genetic mutants and a pharmacological, MAPKK inhibitor. Salicylic acid induced stomatal closure in mpk9 and mpk12 single mutants but not in mpk9 mpk12 double mutants. The MAPKK inhibitor PD98059 inhibited SA-induced stomatal closure in wild-type plants. Salicylic acid induced extracellular reactive oxygen species (ROS) production, intracellular ROS accumulation, and cytosolic alkalization in the mpk9, mpk12, and mpk9 mpk12 mutants. Moreover, SA-activated S-type anion channels in guard cells of wild-type plants but not in guard cells of mpk9 mpk12 double mutants. These results imply that MPK9 and MPK12 are positive regulators of SA signaling in Arabidopsis guard cells. © 2017 Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry
- Japan Society for Bioscience Biotechnology and Agrochemistry
- Related Researcher
Kwak, June Myoung
KWAK_LAB(Lab of Cell Signailng)
Calcium Signaling; ABA;ROS Signaling; drought-tolerant plants; Development of Abscission; Culluar Features; Signaling network; Environmental Regulation
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of New BiologyKWAK_LAB(Lab of Cell Signailng)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.