Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
MetroTime: Travel Time Decomposition under Stochastic Time Table for Metro Networks
- MetroTime: Travel Time Decomposition under Stochastic Time Table for Metro Networks
- Lee, Haengju; Zhang, Desheng; He, Tian; Son, Sang H.
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Haengju; Son, Sang H.
- Issue Date
- 2017 IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing, SMARTCOMP 2017
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- One of essential components of public transport systems is to provide travel time estimates for a better travel experience. Based on these estimates, travelers can plan their departure time to meet their target time of arrival. Most of existing work has been focused on estimation on passenger riding time, which is relatively stable. However, a significant portion of time for a subway trip is spent on unstable walking and waiting. As a result, the work solely based on riding times underestimates the actual travel times. To fill the gap, we analyze travel data from automated ticketing systems, which are collected from a large group of passengers in a cost-effective way. We estimate each component (i.e., walking, waiting, and riding) of the travel time using tap-in and tap-out records of these passengers, by a novel travel time decomposition. We evaluate the performance of our travel time decomposition method based on large-scale real-world smart card data from more than 2 million users from Chinese city Shenzhen with 15 million smart card records. The results show that our estimation has an average estimation error of 8% on average and outperforms a baseline approach by 38%. Based on our travel time estimates, we further propose a practical application: Digital advertising based on up-to-date travel demand. © 2017 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
Real-time system; Wireless sensor network; Cyber-physical system; Data and event service; Information security; 실시간 임베디드 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.