Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Piezoelectric ALN cantilever array on a SU-8 substrate for flexible artificial basilar membrane
- Piezoelectric ALN cantilever array on a SU-8 substrate for flexible artificial basilar membrane
- Jang, Jongmoon; Jang, Jeong Hun; Choi, Hongsoo
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, Jongmoon; Choi, Hongsoo
- Issue Date
- 30th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems, MEMS 2017, 1200-1203
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Artificial basilar membrane (ABM) has been developed to mimic the cochlea's transduction and mechanical frequency selectivity. In our previous study, ABM was designed as a cantilever array on silicon substrate using aluminum nitride. However, its frequency range was relatively high (2.92-12.6 kHz) compared to the communication range of human (300-3,400 Hz). To lower the frequency response range of the ABM, we fabricated piezoelectric aluminum nitride (AlN) cantilever array on a flexible SU-8 substrate. The deposited AlN thin film exhibited c-axis orientation on the cured SU-8 film, which was identified by SEM and XRD. The fabricated AlN cantilever array demonstrated piezoelectric characteristics with mechanical frequency selectivity, which is a vital function for artificial basilar membrane. © 2017 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Choi, Hong Soo
Bio-Micro Robotics Lab
Micro/Nano robot; Neural prostheses; MEMS; BMI; MEMS/NEMS; BioMEMS; MEMS 초음파 트랜스듀스; 인공와우
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringBio-Micro Robotics Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.