Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Morphological evidences in circumvallate papilla and von Ebners’ gland development in mice
- Morphological evidences in circumvallate papilla and von Ebners’ gland development in mice
- Translated Title
- Bae, Y. C. Bae, Yong Chul
- Bae, Yong Chul; Yamamoto, Hitoshi; Lee, Sang Gyu; Kim, Jae Young; Sohn, Wern Joo; Gwon, Gi Jeong; An, Chang Hyeon; Moon, Che Il
- DGIST Authors
- Moon, Che Il
- Issue Date
- Anatomy and Cell Biology, 44(4), 274-283
- Circumvallate papilla; von Ebners glands; Epithelial diff erentiation; AM1-43 microinjections; 3D computer-aided reconstruction
- In rodents, the circumvallate papilla (CVP), with its underlying minor salivary gland, the von Ebners’ gland (VEG),is located on the dorsal surface of the posterior tongue. Detailed morphological processes to form the proper structure of CVP and VEG have not been properly elucidated. In particular, the specifi c localization patterns of taste buds in CVP and the branching formation of VEG have not yet been elucidated. To understand the developmental mechanisms underlying CVP and VEG formation, detailed histological observations of CVP and VEG were examined using a three-dimensional computeraided reconstruction method with serial histological sections and pan-Cytokeratins immunostainings. In addition, to defi ne the developmental processes in CVP and VEG formation, we examined nerve innervations and cell proliferation using microinjections of AM1-43 and immunostainings with various markers, including phosphoinositide 3-kinase, Ki-67, PGP9.5,and Ulex europaeus agglutinin 1 (UEA1). Results revealed specifi c morphogenesis of CVP and VEG with nerve innervations patterns, evaluated by the coincided localization patterns of AM1-43 and UEA1. Based on these morphological and immunohistochemical results, we suggest that nerve innervations and cell proliferations play important roles in the positioning of taste buds in CVP and branching morphogenesis of VEG in tongue development.
- Related Researcher
Brain convergent science based on chemical senses; olfaction; 감각신경계 기반 뇌융합과학; 후각 신경계
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesMoon Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.