Cited 1 time in
Cited 2 time in
Cooperative Spatial Retreat for Resilient Drone Networks
- Cooperative Spatial Retreat for Resilient Drone Networks
- Kang, Jin-Hyeok; Kwon, Young-Min; Park, Kyung-Joon
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- Sensors, 17(5)
- Article Type
- Aerial Networks; Aerial Networks; Battery Lifetime; Channel Conditions; Communication Failure; Drones; Drones; Evacuation Time; Localization; Package Delivery; Reliable Communication; Sensor Networks; Spatial Retreat; Spatial Retreat; System; Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV); Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV); Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
- Drones are broadening their scope to various applications such as networking, package delivery, agriculture, rescue, and many more. For proper operation of drones, reliable communication should be guaranteed because drones are remotely controlled. When drones experience communication failure due to bad channel condition, interference, or jamming in a certain area, one existing solution is to exploit mobility or so-called spatial retreat to evacuate them from the communication failure area. However, the conventional spatial retreat scheme moves drones in random directions, which results in inefficient movement with significant evacuation time and waste of battery lifetime. In this paper, we propose a novel spatial retreat technique that takes advantage of cooperation between drones for resilient networking, which is called cooperative spatial retreat (CSR). Our performance evaluation shows that the proposed CSR significantly outperforms existing schemes. © 2017 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- MDPI AG
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Design of Wireless Network for Cyber-Physical System; 무선 센서 네트워크; 강인 무선 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.