Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Dual optical coherence tomography sensor guided, two-motor, horizontal SMART micro-scissors
- Dual optical coherence tomography sensor guided, two-motor, horizontal SMART micro-scissors
- Yeo, Chaebeom; Park, Hyun-cheol; Jang, Seonjin; Gehlbach, Peter L.; Song, Cheol
- DGIST Authors
- Song, Cheol
- Issue Date
- Optics Letters, 41(20), 4723-4726
- Article Type
- Distance Sensors; Micro Manipulation; Micromanipulators; Optical Tomography; Physiological Hand Tremor; Proof of Concept; Robotic Surgery; Surgery; Tomography; Tools; Two-Motor
- In microsurgery, the physiological hand tremor of the surgeon remains an important factor affecting procedure efficiency, risk of complications, and ultimately, the efficacy of treatment. The micro-scissors are routinely employed to perform precise sharp dissection of delicate tissues. Here, we present a dual optical coherence tomography (OCT) distance sensor guided, two-motor, horizontal smart micro-manipulation aided robotic-surgery tool (SMART) micro-scissors. It is intended to improve surgeon performance by retaining all of the attributes of the horizontal scissors while implementing proof-of-concept use of two functional motors to provide tremor cancellation. © 2016 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
Handheld medical robotics; Smart robotic microsurgery; Smart neuro-rehabilitation; Bio-photonic sensing and imaging
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringSMART Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.