Cited 17 time in
Cited 19 time in
Regulatory network of NAC transcription factors in leaf senescence
- Regulatory network of NAC transcription factors in leaf senescence
- Kim, Hyo Jung; Nam, Hong Gil; Lim, Pyung Ok
- DGIST Authors
- Nam, Hong Gil; Lim, Pyung Ok
- Issue Date
- Current Opinion in Plant Biology, 33, 48-56
- Article Type
- Leaf senescence is finely tuned by many regulatory factors such as NAC (NAM/. ATAF/. CUC) transcription factors (TFs). NACs comprise one of the largest families of TFs in plants, many of which are differentially regulated during leaf senescence and play a major role in leaf senescence. Recent studies advanced our understanding on the structural and functional features of NAC TFs including target binding specificities of the N-terminal DNA binding domain and dynamic interaction of the C-terminal intrinsically disordered domain with other proteins. NAC TFs control other NACs and also interact with NACs or other TFs to fine-tune the expression of target genes. These studies clearly demonstrated the highly complex characteristics of NAC regulatory networks, which are dynamically regulated temporally and spatially and effectively integrate multiple developmental and environmental signals. © 2016 Elsevier Ltd.
- Current Biology
- Related Researcher
Lim, Pyung Ok
CBRG(Complex Biology Research Group)
Aging and programmen cell death in plants; RNA-based regulation of leaf aging; Synthetic genetics-based aging reprogramming
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of New BiologyCBRG(Complex Biology Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.