Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Fairness-aware radio resource management for medical interoperability between WBAN and WLAN
- Fairness-aware radio resource management for medical interoperability between WBAN and WLAN
- Cho, Byeong-Moon; Park, Kyung-Joon; Park, Eun-Chan
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- Annales des Telecommunications/Annals of Telecommunications, 71(9-10), 441-451
- Article Type
- Channel Access Protocol; Coexistence; Contention Window Size; Efficiency and Fairness; Electrocardiogram (ECG); Electrocardiography; Interoperability; Local Area Networks; Medical Applications; Medical Interoperability; Networks (Circuits); Quality of Service (QoS); Radio Resource Management; WBAN; Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN); Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN); Wireless Networks; WLAN
- Wireless body area networks (WBANs) in the industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) bands have been increasingly adopted for various medical applications. Due to the shared nature of the ISM bands, when a WBAN coexists with a wireless local area network (WLAN), performance of WBAN may significantly degrade because of asymmetric attributes between WBAN and WLAN such as transmit power and response time. In this paper, we propose a novel channel access protocol for achieving effective channel sharing in the aspect of efficiency and fairness, which adaptively controls the contention window size of WLAN based on the delay information of WBAN. Our extensive simulation results for real-time electrocardiogram (ECG) monitoring show that the proposed scheme can guarantee the required quality of service of WBAN while insignificant degradation of WLAN performance. Â© 2016, Institut Mines-TÃ©lÃ©com and Springer-Verlag France.
- Springer-Verlag France
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.