Cited 0 time in
Cited 7 time in
High efficiency bifacial Cu2ZnSnSe4 thin-film solar cells on transparent conducting oxide glass substrates
- High efficiency bifacial Cu2ZnSnSe4 thin-film solar cells on transparent conducting oxide glass substrates
- Kim, Jung-Sik; Kang, Jin-Kyu; Hwang, Dae-Kue
- DGIST Authors
- Kang, Jin-Kyu; Hwang, Dae-Kue
- Issue Date
- APL Materials, 4(9)
- Article Type
- Bifacial Illumination; Copper; Doped Tin Oxides; Efficiency; High-Efficiency; Indium; Indium Tin Oxide; Molybdenum Oxide; Power Efficiency; Semiconducting Selenium Compounds; Solar Cells; Substrates; Thin-Film Solar Cells; Thin-Films; Tin; Tin Oxides; Transparent Conducting Oxide; Transparent Conducting Oxide Glass; Vacuum Process
- In this work, transparent conducting oxides (TCOs) have been employed as a back contact instead of Mo on Cu2ZnSnSe4 (CZTSe) thin-film solar cells in order to examine the feasibility of bifacial Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 (CZTSSe) solar cells based on a vacuum process. It is found that the interfacial reaction between flourine doped tin oxide (FTO) or indium tin oxide (ITO) and the CZTSe precursor is at odds with the conventional CZTSe/Mo reaction. While there is no interfacial reaction on CZTSe/FTO, indium in CZTSe/ITO was significantly diffused into the CZTSe layers; consequently, a SnO2 layer was formed on the ITO substrate. Under bifacial illumination, we achieved a power efficiency of 6.05% and 4.31% for CZTSe/FTO and CZTSe/ITO, respectively. © 2016 Author(s).
- American Physical Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.