Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Optimization of the ZnS Buffer Layer by Chemical Bath Deposition for Cu(In,Ga)Se-2 Solar Cells
- Optimization of the ZnS Buffer Layer by Chemical Bath Deposition for Cu(In,Ga)Se-2 Solar Cells
- Jeon, Dong-Hwan; Hwang, Dae-Kue; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu; Lee, Chang-Seop
- DGIST Authors
- Hwang, Dae-Kue; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16(5), 5398-5402
- Article Type
- Ammonia; Ammonia Concentrations; Buffer Layers; Cadmium Sulfide; Cd-Free; Chemical-Bath Deposition; CIGS; Complexing Agents; Deposition; Deposition Conditions; Deposition Rates; Gallium; Optical Waveguides; Optimized Deposition Conditions; Post Heat-Treatment; Semiconducting Selenium Compounds; Solar Cells; Zinc; Zinc Sulfide; ZnS
- We evaluated a ZnS buffer layer prepared using a chemical bath deposition (CBD) process for application in cadmium-free Cu(In,Ga)Se2 (CIGS) solar cells. The ZnS buffer layer showed good transmittance (above 90%) in the spectral range from 300 to 800 nm and was non-toxic compared with the CdS buffer layers normally used in CIGS solar cells. The CBD process was affected by several deposition conditions. The deposition rate was dependent on the ammonia concentration (complexing agent). When the ammonia concentration was either too high or low, a decrease in the deposition rate was observed. In addition, post heat treatments at high temperatures had detrimental influences on the ZnS buffer layers because portions of the ZnS thin films were transformed into ZnO. With optimized deposition conditions, a CIGS solar cell with a ZnS buffer layer showed an efficiency of 14.18% with a 0.23 cm2 active area under 100 mW/cm2 illumination. Copyright © 2016 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.