Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Influence of passivation layer on plasmonic infrared filter for image sensors
- Influence of passivation layer on plasmonic infrared filter for image sensors
- Lyu, Hong Kun; Park, Young Jin; Cho, Hui Sup; Jo, Sung Hyun; Lee, Hee Ho; Shin, Jang Kyoo
- DGIST Authors
- Lyu, Hong Kun; Cho, Hui Sup
- Issue Date
- Sensor Letters, 13(8), 687-692
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Ambient Light; Ambient Light Errors; Bandpass Filters; Color Filters; Color Image Processing; Dual-Band Infrared; Dual-Band Infrared (IR) Image Sensors; Fdtd Method; Finite Difference Time Domain Method; Image Sensors; Infrared Detectors; Infrared Devices; Infrared Imaging; Interactive Display; Light Transmission; Metal Grating; Multi-Touch Interactive Displays; Passivation; Plasmonic Color Filters; Plasmons; Speed Control; Sub-Wavelength Metal Gratings; Time Domain Analysis
- We report the influence of a cover passivation layer on a plasmonic infrared filter for image sensors and the proper dimensions of a plasmonic dual-band infrared filter. We simulated the spectral variation in light transmission using a few important parameters: the metal thickness, the aperture pitch, the aperture diameter, and three different conditions of the structure's cover passivation layer. For this implementation, we used a commercial computer simulation tool utilizing the finite-difference time-domain method. Moreover, we explain briefly the mechanism of an active-type dual-band infrared image sensor and also a large-area multi-touch display using an optical camera module into which the plasmonic dual-band infrared filter is integrated to decrease touch recognition errors. Based on the results of the computer simulation, we identified two necessary conditions for the plasmonic dual infrared band pass filter. We expect that a plasmonic infrared band pass filter could be realized using a simple insulator/metal/insulator structure. Copyright © 2015 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.