Cited 0 time in
Cited 15 time in
Enhanced performance of silicon solar cells by application of low-cost sol-gel-derived Al-rich ZnO film
- Enhanced performance of silicon solar cells by application of low-cost sol-gel-derived Al-rich ZnO film
- Khan, Firoz; Baek, Seong-Ho; Mobin, Abdul; Kim, Jae Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, Seong-Ho; Kim, Jae Hyun
- Issue Date
- Solar Energy, 101, 265-271
- Article Type
- Al-Rich Zinc Oxide; Al Back Surface Fields; Aluminum; Annealing; Anti-Reflection Coatings; Back-Surface Recombination Velocity; Crystal Structure; Effective Diffusion Length; Energy Efficiency; Gel; Hydrogen; Internal Quantum Efficiency; J-V Characteristics; Optical Films; Passivating Layer; Passivating Layers; Passivation; PERC Solar Cells; Quantum Mechanics; Silicon; Silicon Nitride; Silicon Solar Cells; Sol-Gel Process; Sol-Gels; Solar Power; Solar Radiation; Surface Recombination Velocities; Surface Recombination Velocity; Zinc; Zinc Oxide
- Sol-gel-derived hydrogen-annealed Al-rich zinc oxide (AZO) film has been investigated as an effective passivating layer on p-type silicon. In this paper, silicon nitride (SiNx) film is used as antireflection coating and passivating layers on a phosphorous diffused n+-front emitter, whereas sol-gel-derived hydrogen-annealed AZO film is used as a passivating and capping layer on the p-back surface of PERC (passivated emitter and rear cell with local Al back surface field) structure-based mono-crystalline (c-Si) solar cells to evaluate the potential of the AZO film. The illuminated J-V characteristics and internal quantum efficiency (IQE) of PERC and standard (conventional, full area Al back surface field) solar cells have been measured for comparison. The IQE data was used to determine the effective diffusion lengths of the solar cells, which were found to be 218.09±4.36 and 571.13±11.42μm for standard and PERC solar cells, respectively. The effective back surface recombination velocity of the PERC solar cell was found to be ~67cm/s with a metal coverage area of 12%, which is lower than the back surface recombination velocity (~451cm/s) of the standard solar cell. The achieved conversion efficiencies of the standard and PERC solar cells were 14.31±0.08% and 15.16±0.09%, respectively. © 2013 Elsevier Ltd.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.