Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Analysis and Design of Best-Effort Broadcasting Services in Cellular Networks
- Analysis and Design of Best-Effort Broadcasting Services in Cellular Networks
- Park, Eun-Chan; Kim, Minho; Park, Kyung-Joon
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 62(8), 3953-3963
- Article Type
- Analytical Models; Broadcasting Service; Capacity; Cellular Network; Cellular Networks; Conference Calls; Feedback Control Schemes; Location-Based Advertising; Models; Modulation and Coding Schemes; Reliability; Reliability Constraints; Reliable Data Delivery
- In this paper, we propose a novel best-effort broadcasting service (BEBS) scheme in cellular networks, which can be used for location-based advertising and real-time multimedia broadcasting. Unlike the conventional broadcasting service that aims to assure reliable data delivery to every user, the main objective of the proposed BEBS is to maximize the effective capacity at the cost of reliability. To this end, we introduce the notion of target reliability and formulate the problem of maximizing the capacity of BEBS under any given reliability constraint. By deriving an analytical model, we investigate the effect of target reliability on the achievable capacity. We further prove several key properties of BEBS with respect to the optimal value of target reliability and the maximum gain of the achievable capacity. To realize the maximum achievable capacity of BEBS, we propose two feedback control schemes that adjust the target reliability or modulation and coding scheme based on the estimate of relative gain of BEBS. We validate our analytical model by comparison with simulation. In addition, the simulation results confirm that the proposed schemes for BEBS significantly outperform conventional reliable broadcasting under various network configurations. © 1967-2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Cyber-Physical Systems; 무선 센서-액츄에이터 네트워크; 스마트 팩토리
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.