Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Locomotion Control of a Compliant Legged Robot from Slow Walking to Fast Running Regular Paper
- Locomotion Control of a Compliant Legged Robot from Slow Walking to Fast Running Regular Paper
- Kwon, Oh-Seok; Choi, RockHyun; Lee, Dong-Ha
- DGIST Authors
- Kwon, Oh-Seok; Lee, Dong-Ha
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 9
- Article Type
- Compliant Legged Robot; Cost of Transport; Costs; Efficiency Measure; Energy Efficiency; Energy Efficient; Leg Length; Legged Robots; Locomotion Control; Mechanical Cost of Transport; Robots; Running Speed; Self-Stability; Spring-Mass Model
- In this paper, we propose a locomotion control method for a compliant legged robot from slow walking to fast running. We also examine the energy efficiency of the compliant legged robot controlled by the proposed locomotion control method. Experimentally, we obtain the robot running speed of about 4.3m/s with the initial compliant leg length of 0.1m. In addition, we obtain very good energy efficiency. In the best case, the mechanical cost of transport(Cmt), known as an energy efficiency measure, is obtained at about 0.2. Comparing with the other energy efficient robots, our robot exhibits very good energy efficiency. © 2012 Kim et al.; licensee InTech.
- INTECH -OPEN ACCESS PUBLISHER
- Related Researcher
mechanical system modeling, control, robotics, biomechanics
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.