Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
TOWARD ENERGY-EFFICIENT ERROR CONTROL IN 3G BROADCAST VIDEO
- TOWARD ENERGY-EFFICIENT ERROR CONTROL IN 3G BROADCAST VIDEO
- Kang, Kyungtae; Ryu, Junhee; Choi, Sunghyun; Park, Kyung-Joon; Hur, Junbeom
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- IEEE Wireless Communications, 19(6), 60-67
- Article Type
- Battery Life; Broadcast Video; Controlled Reduction; Energy Efficient; Energy Use; Energy Utilization; Error Control; Mobile Devices; Quality Control; Reed-Solomon Codes; Save Energy; Small Screens; Video Broadcasts; Video Quality; Visual Perception
- Energy use is a key issue in battery-operated mobile devices. In order to extend battery life, mobiles showing video often allow a controlled drop in quality, which is tolerable when the shortcomings of a small screen are combined with the imperfections of visual perception. Both energy consumption and video quality are affected by the Reed-Solomon codes and interleaving levels used in 3G video broadcast services. We explore the effect of these elements of MAC-layer error control, and show how they can be manipulated to save energy while maintaining acceptable video quality through a controlled reduction in the number of parity symbols in the Reed-Solomon code and the level of interleaving. © 2002-2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Design of Wireless Network for Cyber-Physical System; 무선 센서 네트워크; 강인 무선 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.