Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Development of the dual SMART micro-surgical system using common-path swept source optical coherence tomography
- Development of the dual SMART micro-surgical system using common-path swept source optical coherence tomography
- Park, H.C.; Yeo, C.B.; Gehlbach, P.L.; Song, C.
- DGIST Authors
- Song, C.
- Issue Date
- 37th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC 2015, 2015-November, 5-8
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Manual micro-surgical tasks are fundamentally divided into grasping, cutting and injecting maneuvers performed on biological tissues. Efficient dissection of fibrous tissue from the surface of the retina often requires grasping and cutting maneuvers carried out simultaneously. True bimanual surgery requires that the surgeon contend with the innate hand tremor of two hands at once as well as unpredicted patient's movement. In this study, we develop and test a dual SMART micro-surgical system to suppress bimanual hand tremor during micro-surgical dissection. © 2015 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Handheld medical robotics; Smart robotic microsurgery; Smart neuro-rehabilitation; Bio-photonic sensing and imaging
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringSMART Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.