Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Channel capacity analysis for high speed controller area network (CAN)
- Channel capacity analysis for high speed controller area network (CAN)
- Choi, Eunmin; Han, Sungmin; Choi, Ji-Woong
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Ji-Woong
- Issue Date
- 6th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence, ICTC 2015, 188-190
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Controller area network (CAN) is an in-vehicle communication network system. Many microcontrollers are built in vehicles that transmit and receive the data through CAN bus. As more microcontrollers are built in the car, the amount of data to be processed are increased. However, it is insufficient to process the increasing data because the maximum data rate of the standard CAN is 1Mbps. Therefore, we recently proposed a high data rate CAN system which combines the standard baseband CAN signal with a passband modulated signal. Before designing this system, the channel capacity analysis is needed to estimate the performance of the proposed scheme. This paper introduces the channel capacity analysis of the proposed scheme. In order to get the signal to noise power ratio (SNR) that is needed for capacity analysis, the standard baseband CAN noise is measured in a real car. Based on the SNR, water-filling algorithm is then employed for power allocation in the frequency domain, resulting in the channel capacity. © 2015 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Choi, Ji Woong
CSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab
Communication System; Signal Processing; Communication Circuit Design; 생체 신호 통신 및 신호 처리; 뇌-기계 인터페이스(BMI); 차세대 교차계층 통신 및 신호 처리; 5G 모바일 통신
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.