Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Scalable multimedia optimization in MIMO systems
- Scalable multimedia optimization in MIMO systems
- Chang, Seok-Ho; Choi, Jihwan P.; Cosman, Pamela C.; Milstein, Laurence B.
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Jihwan P.
- Issue Date
- 34th Annual IEEE Military Communications Conference, MILCOM 2015, 2015-December, 145-150
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This paper studies the optimal transmission of scalable multimedia sources over multiple-input multiple-output channels. First, we derive the outage probability of a space-time code for an arbitrary piecewise-linear diversity-multiplexing tradeoff function. We next prove that, as long as a crossover point of the outage probabilities of two space-time codes exists, then as the spectral efficiency increases, the crossover point in signal-to-noise ratio monotonically increases, whereas that in outage probability monotonically decreases. Lastly, based on that, we derive a method for optimal space-time coding of a scalable multimedia sequence that contains multiple packets. It is shown that, with the proposed method, the computational complexity involved with optimal space-time coding is exponentially reduced without losing any performance. © 2015 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Choi, Jihwan P.
NCRG(Networks and Communications Research Group)
Wireless and space communication systems; Cross-layer network design; 위성 통신 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringNCRG(Networks and Communications Research Group)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.