Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Plasmonic color filters to decrease ambient light errors on active type dual band infrared image sensors
- Plasmonic color filters to decrease ambient light errors on active type dual band infrared image sensors
- Lyu, Hong-Kun; Park, Young-Jin; Cho, Ho Young; Jo, Sung-Hyun; Lee, Hee-Ho; Shin, Jang-Kyoo
- DGIST Authors
- Lyu, Hong-Kun; Cho, Ho Young
- Issue Date
- Metamaterials: Fundamentals and Applications 2014, 9160
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we proposed the plasmonic color filters to decrease ambient light errors on active type dual band infrared image sensors for a large-area multi-touch display system. Although the strong point of the touch display system in the area of education and exhibition there are some limits of the ambient light. When an unexpected ambient light incidents into the display the touch recognition system can make errors classifying the touch point in the unexpected ambient light area. We proposed a new touch recognition image sensor system to decrease the ambient light error and investigated the optical transmission properties of plasmonic color filters for IR image sensor. To find a proper structure of the plasmonic color filters we used a commercial computer simulation tool utilizing finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method as several thicknesses and whit the cover passivation layer or not. Gold (Au) applied for the metal film and the dispersion information associated with was derived from the Lorentz-Drude model. We also described the mechanism applied the double band filter on the IR image sensors. © 2014 SPIE.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.