Cited 0 time in
Cited 4 time in
Adaptive tuning of IEEE 802.11e EDCA for medical-grade QoS
- Adaptive tuning of IEEE 802.11e EDCA for medical-grade QoS
- Son, Sunghwa; Park, Kyung-Joon; Park, Eun-Chan
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- 5th International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks, ICUFN 2013, 650-651
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we propose an adaptive tuning algorithm for wireless medical applications to in order to meet medical-grade quality of service (QoS). The conventional IEEE 802.11e protocol is designed to satisfy a certain level of QoS, which is insufficient for medical-grade QoS. In the proposed algorithm, we adaptively tune the AIFS value of the IEEE 802.11e protocol for enhancing the overall network performance while providing the required medical-grade QoS. In our scenario, as representative applications, we consider medical alarms, ECG transmission, and TCP file transfer. We categorize these three applications according to their urgency. Then, we compare the performance of the proposed scheme with the conventional IEEE 802.11e protocol. © 2013 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Design of Wireless Network for Cyber-Physical System; 무선 센서 네트워크; 강인 무선 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.