Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Multitarget detection algorithm for automotive FMCW radar
- Multitarget detection algorithm for automotive FMCW radar
- Hyun, Eu Gin; Oh, Woo Jin; Lee, Jong Hun
- DGIST Authors
- Hyun, Eu Gin; Lee, Jong Hun
- Issue Date
- Radar Sensor Technology XVI, 8361
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Today, 77 GHz FMCW (Frequency Modulation Continuous Wave) radar has strong advantages of range and velocity detection for automotive applications. However, FMCW radar brings out ghost targets and missed targets in multi-target situations. In this paper, in order to resolve these limitations, we propose an effective pairing algorithm, which consists of two steps. In the proposed method, a waveform with different slopes in two periods is used. In the 1st pairing processing, all combinations of range and velocity are obtained in each of two wave periods. In the 2nd pairing step, using the results of the 1st pairing processing, fine range and velocity are detected. In that case, we propose the range-velocity windowing technique in order to compensate for the non-ideal beat-frequency characteristic that arises due to the non-linearity of the RF module. Based on experimental results, the performance of the proposed algorithm is improved compared with that of the typical method. © 2012 SPIE.
- Related Researcher
Radar system, Radar signal processing, Automotive radar, Surveillance radar, Commercial radar, Defence radar,
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.