Cited 0 time in
Cited 7 time in
Two -step moving target detection algorithm for automotive 77 GHz FMCW radar
- Two -step moving target detection algorithm for automotive 77 GHz FMCW radar
- Hyun, Eu Gin; Oh, Woo Jin; Lee, Jong Hun
- DGIST Authors
- Hyun, Eu Gin; Lee, Jong Hun
- Issue Date
- 2010 IEEE 72nd Vehicular Technology Conference Fall, VTC2010-Fall
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Today, 77GHz FMCW (Frequency Modulation Continuous Wave) radar sensors are used for automotive applications. In typical automotive radar, the target of interest is a moving target. Thus, to improve the detection probability and reduce the false alarm rate, an MTD(Moving Target Detection) algorithm should be required. This paper describes the proposed two-step MTD algorithm. The 1st MTD processing consists of a clutter cancellation step and a noise cancellation step. The two steps can cancel almost all clutter including stationary targets. However, clutter still remains among the interest beat frequencies detected during the 1st MTD and CFAR (Constant False Alarm) processing. Thus, in the 2nd MTD step, we remove the rest of the clutter with zero phase variation. ©2010 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.