Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Highly efficient visible blue-emitting black phosphorus quantum dot: Mussel-inspired surface functionalization for bioapplications
- Highly efficient visible blue-emitting black phosphorus quantum dot: Mussel-inspired surface functionalization for bioapplications
- Lee, Mi Yeon; Park, Young Ho; Kang, Eun Bi; Chae, A Ri; Choi, Yu Jin; Jo, Seong Ho; Kim, Yu Jin; Park, Soo Jin; Min, Byung Gak; An, Tae Kyu; Lee, Ji Hoon; In, Su Il; Kim, Sang Youl; Park, Sung Young; In, In Sik
- DGIST Authors
- In, Su Il
- Issue Date
- ACS Omega, 2(10), 7096-7105
- Article Type
- The preparation of blue-emitting black phosphorus quantum dots (BPQDs) is based on the liquid-phase exfoliation of bulk BP. We report the synthesis of soluble BPQDs showing a strong visible blue-light emission. Highly fluorescent (photoluminescence quantum yield of ~5% with the maximum emission (λmax) at ~437 nm) and dispersible BPQDs in various organic solvents are first prepared by simple ultrasonication of BP crystals in chloroform in the ambient atmosphere. Furthermore, simple mussel-inspired surface functionalization of BPQDs with catechol-grafted poly(ethylene glycol) in basic buffer afforded water-soluble blue-emitting BPQDs showing long-term fluorescence stability, very low cytotoxicity, and excellent fluorescence live cell imaging capability. © 2017 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
In, Su Il
Green and Renewable Energy for Endless Nature(GREEN) Lab
CO2 conversion to hydrocarbon fuels; Water splitting for hydrogen generation; Quantum dot devices; Dye sensitized solar cells; Environmental remediation; Synthesis of functional nanomaterials; CO2 연료전환; 수소생산을 위한 광전기화학적 물분해; 양자점 태양전지; 염료감응 태양전지; 공해물질 저감연구; 기능성 나노소재 개발
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringGreen and Renewable Energy for Endless Nature(GREEN) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.