Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
A Novel Method of Spatial Calibration for Camera and 2D Radar Based on Registration
- A Novel Method of Spatial Calibration for Camera and 2D Radar Based on Registration
- Song, Chan Ho; Son, Guk Jin; Kim, Hee Kang; Koo, Dong Young; Lee, Jin Hee; Kim, Young Duk
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Young Duk
- Issue Date
- 6th IIAI International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics, IIAI-AAI 2017, 1055-1056
- The fusion of sensor data is important to improve the accuracy of vehicle detection in traffic surveillance system. For the sensor fusion, spatial calibration is required between each coordinate system of sensor. In this paper, we propose a new method of spatial calibration between mono camera and 2D radar. Using an AR-marker, which is designed to be detectable by radar, we simultaneously measure the position of marker with respect to the coordinate system of camera and radar. Based on multiple measurements of marker position, the position data is obtained from it. By applying the paired point registration, the transformation is acquired between the coordinate system of radar and camera. The experimental results confirm that the proposed method shows around 0.3 m registration error, which is acceptable for detecting vehicles. We believe that our method can be helpful to enhance the accuracy of vehicle detection in traffic surveillance system and other application such as autonomous driving vehicle. © 2017 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Kim, Young Duk
IoT, Disaster Respnse, Autonomous System
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.