Cited 6 time in
Cited 0 time in
A global optimal approach for robot kinematics design using the Grid Method
- A global optimal approach for robot kinematics design using the Grid Method
- Park, Joon Young; Chang, Pyung Hun; Kim, Jin Oh
- DGIST Authors
- Chang, Pyung Hun
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, 4(5), 575-591
- Article Type
- Adaptive weights tuning; global optimal kinematics; grid method; simulated annealing.
- In a previous research, we presented the Grid Method and confirmed it as a systematic and efficient problem formulation method for the task-oriented design of robot kinematics. However, our previous research was limited in two ways. First, it gave only a local optimum due to its use of a local optimization technique. Second, it used constant weights for a cost function chosen by the manual weights tuning algorithm, thereby showing low efficiency in finding an optimal solution. To overcome these two limitations, therefore, this paper presents a global optimization technique and an adaptive weights tuning algorithm to solve a formulated problem using the Grid Method. The efficiencies of the proposed algorithms have been confirmed through the kinematic design examples of various robot manipulators.
- Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.