Cited 17 time in
Cited 15 time in
Direct synthesis of anthracenes from o-tolualdehydes and aryl iodides through Pd(II)-Catalyzed sp3 CH arylation and electrophilic aromatic cyclization
- Direct synthesis of anthracenes from o-tolualdehydes and aryl iodides through Pd(II)-Catalyzed sp3 CH arylation and electrophilic aromatic cyclization
- Park, H.; Yoo, K.; Jung, Byung Hyuck; Kim, M.
- DGIST Authors
- Jung, Byung Hyuck
- Issue Date
- Tetrahedron, 74(16), 2048-2055
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Transient directing groups; C-H activation; sp(3) C-H arylation; One-pot synthesis; Anthracenes
- METAL-ORGANIC FRAMEWORK; BOND ACTIVATION; ATOM ECONOMY; C(SP(3))-H ARYLATION; ALIPHATIC-KETONES; NATURAL-PRODUCTS; FUNCTIONALIZATION; CONSTRUCTION; DERIVATIVES; CATALYSIS
- The first direct synthesis of substituted anthracenes from o-tolualdehydes and aryl iodides via a Pd(II)-catalyzed C. H arylation using an alcohol-bearing transient directing group and subsequent AgOTf-assisted electrophilic aromatic cyclization is described. New transient directing groups consisting of amino acids and amino alcohols enhanced the reactivity, and the C. H arylation was complete in 12 h at 90 °C. By simply changing the silver salt to silver triflate, the one-pot synthesis of anthracene derivatives was carried out using the present reaction conditions. © 2018 Elsevier Ltd.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
Asymmetric Organic Synthesis and Drug Synthesis Laboratory
Organic Synthesis; Organo-transition metal chemistry; Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis; Synthetic Methodologies; Synthesis of Natural Products and Drugs
There are no files associated with this item.
- School of Undergraduate Studies1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.