Cited 25 time in
Cited 25 time in
Enhanced Adsorption Selectivity of Aromatic Vapors in Carbon Capsule Film by Control of Surface Surfactants on Carbon Capsule
- Enhanced Adsorption Selectivity of Aromatic Vapors in Carbon Capsule Film by Control of Surface Surfactants on Carbon Capsule
- Ji, Qingmin; Qiao, Xu; Liu, Xinbang; Jia, Hongbing; Yu, Jong Sung; Ariga, Katsuhiko
- DGIST Authors
- Yu, Jong Sung
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, 91(3), 391-397
- Article Type
- Mesoporous Nanocompartment Films; Core/Mesoporous Shell Structures; Volatile Organic-Compounds; Aqueous-Solutions; Material Release; Silica; Vocs; Fabrication; Sulfate; Nanostructures
- Carbon capsules with mesoporous wall and hollow interior were used to fabricate the sensing thin films for volatile aromatic vapors. To grow the thin film based on convenient layer-by-layer (LbL) process, carbon capsules need precoating with surfactants to assist their dispersion into aqueous solution. The influence of the surface covered surfactants on the adsorption selectivity of the corresponding carbon capsule film on aromatic vapors is studied. The results showed that poly (styrene sulfonate) (PSS) which is mainly covered on the outer surface of carbon capsules may be of benefit for higher accessibility of vapors with benzonoid nature to the carbon surfaces. A more enhanced adsorption selectivity to aromatic vapors is thus achieved compared to the cases of (sodium dodecyl sulfonate (SDS) and poly(allylamine hydrochloride) (PAH)), which can be fully or partial filled into the pores of carbon capsule. © 2018 The Chemical Society of Japan.
- CHEMICAL SOC JAPAN
- Related Researcher
Light, Salts and Water Research Group
Materials chemistry; nanomaterials; electrochemistry; carbon and porous materials; fuel cell; battery; supercapacitor; sensor and photochemical catalyst
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringLight, Salts and Water Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.