Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
HealthNode: Software Framework for Efficiently Designing and Developing Cloud-Based Healthcare Applications
- HealthNode: Software Framework for Efficiently Designing and Developing Cloud-Based Healthcare Applications
- Ra, Ho Kyeong; Yoon, Hee Jung; Son, Sang Hyuk; Stankovic, John A.; Ko, JeongGil
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Sang Hyuk
- Issue Date
- Mobile Information Systems
- Article Type
- With the exponential improvement of software technology during the past decade, many efforts have been made to design remote and personalized healthcare applications. Many of these applications are built on mobile devices connected to the cloud. Although appealing, however, prototyping and validating the feasibility of an application-level idea is yet challenging without a solid understanding of the cloud, mobile, and the interconnectivity infrastructure. In this paper, we provide a solution to this by proposing a framework called HealthNode, which is a general-purpose framework for developing healthcare applications on cloud platforms using Node.js. To fully exploit the potential of Node.js when developing cloud applications, we focus on the fact that the implementation process should be eased. HealthNode presents an explicit guideline while supporting necessary features to achieve quick and expandable cloud-based healthcare applications. A case study applying HealthNode to various real-world health applications suggests that HealthNode can express architectural structure effectively within an implementation and that the proposed platform can support system understanding and software evolution. © 2018 Ho-Kyeong Ra et al.
- Hindawi Limited
- Related Researcher
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.