Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
A Study on the Speed Control of a Blac Motor by Back-Emf Feedforward Compensation
- A Study on the Speed Control of a Blac Motor by Back-Emf Feedforward Compensation
- Ban, Dong Hoon; Hong, Jae Seung; Jin, Sung Ho; Lee, Seonghun
- DGIST Authors
- Jin, Sung Ho; Lee, Seonghun
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Research, 7(1), 69-76
- Article Type
- A PI controller is used to control the speed of a motor, but the gain of the PI controller is limited according to the system. Thus, the PI controller alone cannot meet the control performance requirements of the motor. A method involving back-electromotive force (back-EMF) compensation can solve this problem. Here, a feedforward compensation method based on the speed is used to compensate for the back-EMF. However, it is difficult to measure speed in the extremely low speed range, so it is difficult to compensate the back-EMF. In addition, the rate of the back-EMF compensation is modified by adjusting the gain. This proposed method of the back-EMF compensation is proven by simulation and experiment. The root mean square (RMS) value for the speed error is measured when the back-EMF is compensated for, when the back-EMF is not compensated for and when the gain of the back-EMF compensation is adjusted. The study confirms that the proposed algorithm is superior in the RMS value of the speed error.
- Transstellar Journal Publications and Research Consultancy Private Limited (TJPRC)
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.