Cited 4 time in
Cited 3 time in
A High-Speed Inkjet-Printed Microelectromechanical Relay With a Mechanically Enhanced Double-Clamped Channel-Beam
- A High-Speed Inkjet-Printed Microelectromechanical Relay With a Mechanically Enhanced Double-Clamped Channel-Beam
- Chung, Seungjun; Ahosan, Muhammed; Karim, Ul; Kwon, Hyuk-Jun; Scheideler, William; Subramanian, Vivek
- DGIST Authors
- Kwon, Hyuk-Jun
- Issue Date
- Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 26(1), 95-101
- Article Type
- TRANSISTORS; STICTION
- We report a high-speed inkjet-printed three-terminal microelectromechanical (MEM) relay with a double-clamped beam that exploits the enhanced stiffness of the double-clamped structure to improve electrical performance. To minimize mechanical delay and pull-in voltage, the contact gap between the channel-beam and drain, and the stiffness of the beam and shape of the drain was carefully designed and optimized through a 3-D finite element simulation. The double-clamped beam prevents stiction-related failure between the channel-beam and drain despite the contact gap being only 370 nm for a > 500μm long beam. The resulting printed relay delivers a turn-ON delay of 8μs at a gate voltage of 10 V, a pull-in voltage of only 7.2 V, immeasurable off-leakage, excellent subthreshold swing, and a small hysteresis window of 2 V without any bending or collapsing of the beam. The device also shows reliable operation over 105 cycles while maintaining a high ON/OFF ratio of 108, and extremely low ON-state resistance of 3.7 Ω. [2016-0180] © 1992-2012 IEEE.
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Related Researcher
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.