Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Design and Implementation of EMB System
- Design and Implementation of EMB System
- Ban, Dong Hoon; Lee, Seong Hun; Hong, Jae Seung; Yoo, Changhee; Ha, Dongjin
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Seong Hun
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering, 2(1), 30-34
- Article Type
- EMB; Vectorcontrol; PIcontrol; Interpolation; Caliper
- The EMB(Electric Mechanical Brake) system is replacing the former hydrodynamic brake system. A brake system is a nonlinear system which applies a different compressive force depending on the position of the brake pad. The EMB system operates the brake by the motor instead of the hydrodynamic system. So the new design of brake caliper and the development of the motor controller and the invertor are needed. The gap between the pads shall be controlled exactly to operate an accurate force control. The new algorithm to compensate the pad abrasion and the disk abrasion is needed. In this paper, the mechanical part are designed to operate the brake and the EMB controller are designed and implemented with a motor controller and an inverter. The EMB controller model is verified by the MATLAB. The initialization algorithm is developed to compensate the pad abrasion and the backlash of the gear to make the same gap between the disk and the pad. The suggested algorithm detects the pad gap equally and the force depending on the pad gap is measured consistently.
- Research Plus Journals
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.