Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
Asymmetric stochasticity of magnetization reversal dynamics in exchange-biased IrMn/CoFe Film
- Asymmetric stochasticity of magnetization reversal dynamics in exchange-biased IrMn/CoFe Film
- Lee, Hun-Sung; Ryu, Kwang-Su; You, Chun-Yeol; Jeon, Kun-Rok; Yang, See-Hun; Parkin, Stuart S. P.; Shin, Sung-Chul
- DGIST Authors
- You, Chun-Yeol
- Issue Date
- Journal of Applied Physics, 111(7)
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- FERROMAGNETIC DOMAIN-WALL; AVALANCHES; ANISOTROPY; BEHAVIOR
- In this study, we investigated the stochastic nature of domain reversal dynamics in exchange-biased IrMn/CoFe film using a time-resolved Kerr microscope. Interestingly, the statistical distributions of the magnetization half-reversal times for both forward and backward applied fields show that the magnetization reversal dynamics is much more stochastic for the backward branch, where an applied field is parallel to the exchange-bias field direction. The enhanced stochasticity is ascribed to the large degree of magnetic disorder during backward reversal, which induces discrete and random Barkhausen jumps, whereas the forward branch reversal is dominated by a thermally activated depinning process caused by a single potential barrier. This result can be explained by the asymmetry of the magnetic disorder between both branches of a hysteresis loop. © 2012 American Institute of Physics.
- American Institute of Physics Inc.
- Related Researcher
Spin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab
Spintronics; Condensed Matter Physics; Magnetic Materials & Thin Films; Micromagnetic Simulations; Spin Nano-Devices
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceSpin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.