Cited 1 time in
Cited 4 time in
Optimization driven bandwidth provisioning in service overlay networks
- Optimization driven bandwidth provisioning in service overlay networks
- Park, Kyung-Joon; Choi, Chong Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- Computer Communications, 31(14), 3169-3177
- Article Type
- service overlay networks; bandwidth provisioning; convex optimization
- We consider the bandwidth provisioning problem in service overlay networks (SON). We formulate the bandwidth provisioning problem in an optimization framework taking the stochastic processes involved into consideration. First, we provide the optimal solution that maximizes the expected net revenue in a single-link network under stationary traffic demand. Then, we show that the revenue maximization problem in a general topology under stationary traffic can be nicely approximated by a separable convex optimization problem. We derive an approximate optimal solution for a general topology and provide a bandwidth provisioning algorithm via a gradient method, which works in a distributed manner. We also verify the effectiveness of the approximate optimal solution by showing several important characteristics of the solution. The performance of the algorithm is investigated through extensive simulations. © 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Science BV
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Cyber-Physical Systems; 무선 센서-액츄에이터 네트워크; 스마트 팩토리
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.