Cited 42 time in
Cited 43 time in
Time- evolving genetic networks reveal a NAC troika that negatively regulates leaf senescence in Arabidopsis
- Time- evolving genetic networks reveal a NAC troika that negatively regulates leaf senescence in Arabidopsis
- Kim, Hyo Jung; Park, Ji-Hwan; Kim, Jingil; Kim, Jung Ju; Hong, Sunghyun; Kim, Jeongsik; Kim, Jin Hee; Woo, Hye Ryun; Hyeon, Changbong; Lim, Pyung Ok; Nam, Hong Gil; Hwang, Dae Hee
- DGIST Authors
- Woo, Hye Ryun; Lim, Pyung Ok; Nam, Hong Gil; Hwang, Dae Hee
- Issue Date
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 115(21), E4930-E4939
- Article Type
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR FAMILY; SALICYLIC-ACID; THALIANA; EXPRESSION; STRESS; IDENTIFICATION; SPECIFICITY; LONGEVITY; PLANTS; MEMBER
- Senescence is controlled by time-evolving networks that describe the temporal transition of interactions among senescence regulators. Here, we present time-evolving networks for NAM/ATAF/CUC (NAC) transcription factors in Arabidopsis during leaf aging. The most evident characteristic of these time-dependent networks was a shift from positive to negative regulation among NACs at a presenescent stage. ANAC017, ANAC082, and ANAC090, referred to as a “NAC troika,” govern the positive-to-negative regulatory shift. Knockout of the NAC troika accelerated senescence and the induction of other NACs, whereas overexpression of the NAC troika had the opposite effects. Transcriptome and molecular analyses revealed shared suppression of senescence-promoting processes by the NAC troika, including salicylic acid (SA) and reactive oxygen species (ROS) responses, but with predominant regulation of SA and ROS responses by ANAC090 and ANAC017, respectively. Our time-evolving networks provide a unique regulatory module of presenescent repressors that direct the timely induction of senescence-promoting processes at the presenescent stage of leaf aging. © 2018 National Academy of Sciences. All Rights Reserved.
- National Academy of Sciences
- Related Researcher
Lim, Pyung Ok
Plant Senescence Laboratory
Aging and programmen cell death in plants; RNA-based regulation of leaf aging; Synthetic genetics-based aging reprogramming
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of New BiologyCBRG(Complex Biology Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Department of New BiologySystems Biology and Medicine Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.