Cited 1 time in
Cited 2 time in
Physical-Layer Security against Smart Eavesdroppers: Exploiting Full-Duplex Receivers
- Physical-Layer Security against Smart Eavesdroppers: Exploiting Full-Duplex Receivers
- Kim, Jong Yeop; Kim, Jin Woong; Lee, Jemin; Choi, Jihwan P.
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jemin; Choi, Jihwan P.
- Issue Date
- IEEE Access, 6
- Article Type
- As many security solutions integrated with various technologies have been proposed against eavesdropping attacks, technical advances for adversaries can also pose a serious security threat. This paper considers a problem of smart eavesdropping attacks on multiple-input-multiple-output wiretap channels for a legitimate transceiver. We present a smart eavesdropper model and a cooperative jamming solution between transceivers that can control the jamming signal power to achieve the optimal secrecy performance. In particular, for practical applications, our proposed solution considers the residual self-interference from the full-duplex receiver and the limited cancellation capability of the smart eavesdropper. We derive the secrecy outage probability in general and smart eavesdropper cases, and show numerical results and secrecy regions for evaluation. As a result, our proposed solutions can improve the secrecy performance significantly by exploiting the full-duplex receiver and the cooperative jamming strategies with the sophisticated power control according to power expenditure. © 2013 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Choi, Jihwan P.
NCRG(Networks and Communications Research Group)
Wireless and space communication systems; Cross-layer network design; 위성 통신 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringISC(Information Security and Communication) Lab1. Journal Articles
Department of Information and Communication EngineeringNCRG(Networks and Communications Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.