Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Simulation framework for improved UI/UX of AR-HUD display
- Simulation framework for improved UI/UX of AR-HUD display
- Choi, Min-Kook; Lee, Jin-Hee; Jung, Heechul; Tayibnapis, Iman Rahmansyah; Kwon, Soon
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Min-Kook; Kwon, Soon
- Issue Date
- 2018 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics, ICCE 2018, 1-4
- The AR-HUD (Augmented Reality-Head Up Display) overlays the ADAS (Autonomous Driver Assistant System) information to real world objects on the windshield unlike the normal HUD. This projected ADAS information on the windshield usually occurs the irregularity between the objects and the ADAS information because of the difference between driver and AR-HUD's view plane. To overcome this problem, we present a simulation framework for the improved AR-HUD in ADAS by means of a homographie registration with inference outputs from a region based deep learning model. In order to build this simulation framework, we set up a simulation test bed to mimic on-road driving environment in a darkroom, and use the inference model based on region-based fully convolutional network to obtain on-road ADAS information. And then we apply the homographie registration method to minimize the irregularity between object and ADAS information in terms of driver's perception. We tested the proposed simulation framework with real world driving recordings, and it showed better display results for improved UI/UX with inference outputs from region-based deep learning model. © 2018 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
computer vision; deep learning; autonomous driving; parallel processing; vision system on chip
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.