Cited 0 time in
Cited 3 time in
Successful edge computing probability analysis in heterogeneous networks
- Successful edge computing probability analysis in heterogeneous networks
- Park, Chanwon; Lee, Jemin
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jemin
- Issue Date
- 2018 IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2018
- The mobile edge computing (MEC) has been introduced for providing computing capabilities at the edge of networks to improve the latency performance of wireless networks. In this paper, we propose the novel framework for MEC-enabled heterogeneous networks (HetNets), composed of the multi-tier networks with access points (APs) having MEC servers. In this framework, the mobile users offload the different size of computation tasks to the MEC server having different computing capacities and transmission power, and receive the computation resulting data from the server. We derive the successful edge computing probability considering the successful computation and communication by using the queueing theory and stochastic geometry. We then provide how the bias factors in MEC server association and the network traffic affect the successful edge computing probability. This study provides the design insights for the optimal configuration of MEC-enabled networks. © 2018 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringISC(Information Security and Communication) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.