Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Coexistence of Full-Duplex Based IEEE 802.15.4 and IEEE 802.11
- Coexistence of Full-Duplex Based IEEE 802.15.4 and IEEE 802.11
- Kim, Jongyeop; Jeon, Wonhong; Park, Kyung-Joon; Choi, Jihwan P.
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon; Choi, Jihwan P.
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 14(12), 5389-5399
- Article Type
- As various wireless devices share the same frequencies in the unlicensed 2.4 GHz Industrial Scientific Medical (ISM) band, frequency sharing has become a challenging issue in the heterogeneous network. Many Wi-Fi applications increase network traffic and lead to the significant performance loss of other protocol devices including ZigBee for critical missions (e.g., medical devices) in the same band. In this paper, we propose a coexistence solution of the Guide Busy Tone (GBT), providing reliable communications to the ZigBee network under Wi-Fi interference, and present fairness criteria in the tradeoff relation between Wi-Fi and ZigBee with GBT. The proposed GBT design, consisting of a GBT signaler and a busy tone canceller, reserves a channel for ZigBee through the full-duplex technique under heavy Wi-Fi traffic. Our experimental evaluation shows that the packet delivery ratio of the ZigBee network can be improved up to nearly 100% under the saturated Wi-Fi traffic by using GBT, which is scalable for the multi-node case as well. IEEE
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
Choi, Jihwan P.
NCRG(Networks and Communications Research Group)
Wireless and space communication systems; Cross-layer network design; 위성 통신 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Department of Information and Communication EngineeringNCRG(Networks and Communications Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.