Cited 31 time in
Cited 32 time in
Silicon core-mesoporous shell carbon spheres as high stability lithium-ion battery anode
- Silicon core-mesoporous shell carbon spheres as high stability lithium-ion battery anode
- Prakash, Sengodu; Zhang, Chunfei; Park, Jong-Deok; Razmjooei, Fatemeh; Yu, Jong-Sung
- DGIST Authors
- Yu, Jong-Sung
- Issue Date
- Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 534, 47-54
- Article Type
- An innovative and simple synthesis strategy of silicon nanoparticle (Si NP) core covered by mesoporous shell carbon (MSC) structure is demonstrated. The Si core@MSC (SCMSC) composite is developed for addressing the issues for Si anode material in lithium ion batteries (LIBs) such as high volume expansion and low electrical conductivity. Significant improvement in the electrochemical performance for the SCMSC anode is observed compared with bare Si anode. The SCMSC composite delivers an initial specific capacity of 2450 mAh g−1 at 0.166 A g−1 with Coulombic efficiency of 99.2% for 100 cycles. Compared to bare Si anode, the SCMSC anode exhibits much higher Li storage capacity, superior cyclability, and good rate capability, highlighting the advantages of hierarchical MSC in the SCMSC structure. © 2018 Elsevier Inc.
- Academic Press Inc.
- Related Researcher
Light, Salts and Water Research Group
Materials chemistry; nanomaterials; electrochemistry; carbon and porous materials; fuel cell; battery; supercapacitor; sensor and photochemical catalyst
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringLight, Salts and Water Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.