Cited 38 time in
Cited 37 time in
High Performance Roll-to-Roll Produced Fullerene-Free Organic Photovoltaic Devices via Temperature-Controlled Slot Die Coating
- High Performance Roll-to-Roll Produced Fullerene-Free Organic Photovoltaic Devices via Temperature-Controlled Slot Die Coating
- Na, Seok‐In; Seo, You‐Hyun; Nah, Yoon‐Chae; Kim, Seok‐Soon; Heo, Hyojung; Kim, Jueng‐Eun; Rolston, Nicholas; Dauskardt, Reinhold H.; Gao, Mei; Lee, Youngu; Vak, Doojin
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Youngu
- Issue Date
- Advanced Functional Materials, 29(6)
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- flexible solar cells; nonfullerene acceptor; printed solar cells; roll-to-roll; 3d printer
- Coatings; Deposition; Dies; Efficiency; Printing presses; Temperature control; Flexible solar cells; nonfullerene acceptor; Organic photovoltaic devices; Power conversion efficiencies; Roll to Roll; Roll to roll manufacturing; Roll-to-roll processing; State-of-the-art devices; 3D printers
- Solution-processed organic photovoltaics (OPVs) have continued to show their potential as a low-cost power generation technology; however, there has been a significant gap between device efficiencies fabricated with lab-scale techniques—i.e., spin coating—and scalable deposition methods. Herein, temperature-controlled slot die deposition is developed for the photoactive layer of OPVs. The influence of solution and substrate temperatures on photoactive films and their effects on power conversion efficiency (PCE) in slot die coated OPVs using a 3D printer-based slot die coater are studied on the basis of device performance, molecular structure, film morphology, and carrier transport behavior. These studies clearly demonstrate that both substrate and solution temperatures during slot die coating can influence device performance, and the combination of hot substrate (120 °C) and hot solution (90 °C) conditions result in mechanically robust films with PCE values up to 10.0% using this scalable deposition method in air. The efficiency is close to that of state-of-the-art devices fabricated by spin coating. The deposition condition is translated to roll-to-roll processing without further modification and results in flexible OPVs with PCE values above 7%. The results underscore the promising potential of temperature-controlled slot die coating for roll-to-roll manufacturing of high performance OPVs. © 2018 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Related Researcher
Organic & Printed Electronics Laboratory(OPEL)
OTF Solar cell; OLED; Printed Electronics; 유기박막형 태양전지
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringOrganic & Printed Electronics Laboratory(OPEL)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.