Cited 3 time in
Cited 6 time in
Smartphone-based multispectral imaging and machine-learning based analysis for discrimination between seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis on the scalp
- Smartphone-based multispectral imaging and machine-learning based analysis for discrimination between seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis on the scalp
- Kim, Sewoong; Kim, Jihun; Hwang, Minjoo; Kim, Manjae; Jo, Seong Jin; Je, Minkyu; Jang, Jae Eun; Lee, Dong Hun; Hwang, Jae Youn
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, Jae Eun; Hwang, Jae Youn
- Issue Date
- Biomedical Optics Express, 10(2), 879-891
- Article Type
- COLORIMETRIC ANALYSIS; MICROSCOPY; DERMOSCOPY; SYSTEM
- For appropriate treatment, accurate discrimination between seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis in a timely manner is crucial to avoid complications. However, when they occur on the scalp, differential diagnosis can be challenging using conventional dermascopes. Thus, we employed smartphone-based multispectral imaging and analysis to discriminate between them with high accuracy. A smartphone-based multispectral imaging system, suited for scalp disease diagnosis, was redesigned. We compared the outcomes obtained using machine learning-based and conventional spectral classification methods to achieve better discrimination. The results demonstrated that smartphone-based multispectral imaging and analysis has great potential for discriminating between these diseases. © 2019 Optical Society of America.
- The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG) - Jang Lab.
Nanoelectroinc device; 생체 신호 센싱 시스템 및 생체 모방 디바이스; 나노 통신 디바이스
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG) - Jang Lab.1. Journal Articles
Department of Information and Communication EngineeringMBIS(Multimodal Biomedical Imaging and System) Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.