Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
An agonist antibody prefers relapsed AML for induction of cells that kill each other
- An agonist antibody prefers relapsed AML for induction of cells that kill each other
- Yea, Kyungmoo; Jones, Teresa M.; Jung, Dokyung; Shin, Sanghee; Arlian, Britni M.; Han, Kyung Ho; Zha, Zhao; Kim, Minseok S.; Oh, Yong-Seok; Zhang, Hongkai; Lerner, Richard A.
- DGIST Authors
- Yea, Kyungmoo; Kim, Minseok S.; Oh, Yong-Seok
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports, 9
- Article Type
- RECEPTORS; SELECTION; ACUTE MYELOID-LEUKEMIA
- Previously, we reported an agonist antibody to a cytokine receptor, Thrombopoietin receptor (TPOR) that effectively induces cytotoxic killer cells from precursor tumor cells isolated from newly diagnosed AML patients. Here, we show that the TPOR agonist antibody can induce even relapsed AML cells into killer cells more potently than newly diagnosed AML cells. After stimulation by the agonist antibody, these relapsed leukemic cells enter into a differentiation process of killer cells. The antibody-induced killer cells express, Granzyme B and Perforin that assault and kill other members of the AML cell population. Particularly, the agonist antibody showed potent efficacy on the AML xenograft model in mice using the NOD/LtSz-scid IL2Rγc null (NSG) mice. These results show that the TPOR agonist antibody that induces AML cells to kill each other is effective on both relapsed AML cells and in vivo. Therefore, this study suggests a new strategy for the treatment of cancer relapse after chemotherapy. © 2019, The Author(s).
- Nature Publishing Group
- Related Researcher
Molecular Psychiatry Lab
Monoaminergic regulation of the CNS and mood;anxiety disorder; 모노아민 (세로토닌, 도파민)에 의한 신경조절과 기분;불안 장애 기전 연구
- Department of New BiologyProtein Engineering Lab1. Journal Articles
Department of New BiologyBioDr. Lab - Nanobiomedicine1. Journal Articles
Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesMolecular Psychiatry Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.