Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Dynamic Dumbbell - Novel Muscle Training Robot with Programmable Exercise Load
- Dynamic Dumbbell - Novel Muscle Training Robot with Programmable Exercise Load
- Lee, Chan; Oh, Sehoon
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, Sehoon
- Issue Date
- 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS 2018, 7648-7653
- In this paper, Dynamic Dumbbell, a novel robotic device for advanced muscular exercise of upper limb is presented. The type of exercise load is classified and designed in terms of mechanical engineering to be implemented in Dynamic Dumbbell. The exercise load model, which is named as programmable exercise load, is realized by Dynamic Dumbbell. To generate the programmable exercise load, two of compact Planetary-geared Elastic Actuator, which is a rotary Series Elastic Actuator (SEA), are utilized in Dynamic Dumbbell. The SEAs are controlled using high performance force control algorithm. Experimental results verifies the effectiveness of the proposed Dynamic Dumbbell and programmable exercise load. © 2018 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMCL(Motion Control Lab)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.