Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
대용량 SSD를 위한 요구 기반 FTL 캐시 분리 기법
- 대용량 SSD를 위한 요구 기반 FTL 캐시 분리 기법
- Translated Title
- Demand-based FTL Cache Partitioning for Large Capacity SSDs
- 배진욱; 김한별; 임준수; 이성진
- DGIST Authors
- Issue Date
- 대한임베디드공학회논문지, 14(2), 71-78
- Author Keywords
- DFTL; Address translation; Cache partitioning; Tail latency; Write amplification
- As the capacity of SSDs rapidly increases, the amount of DRAM to keep a mapping table size in SSDs becomes very huge. To address a Demand-based FTL (DFTL) scheme that caches part of mapping entries in DRAM is considered to be a feasible alternative. However, owing to its unpredictable behaviors, DFTL fails to provide consistent I/O response times. In this paper, we a) analyze a root cause that results in fluctuation on read latency and b) propose a new demand-based FTL scheme that ensures guaranteed read response time with low write amplification. By preventing mapping evictions while serving reads, the proposed technique guarantees every host read requests to be done in 2 NAND read operations. Moreover, only with 25% of a cache ratio, the proposed scheme improves random write performance and random mixed performance by 1.65x and 1.15x, respectively, over the traditional DFTL.
- Related Researcher
Data-Intensive Computing Systems Laboratory
Computer System, System Software, Storage System, Non-volatile Memory, Flash-based SSD, Distributed Storage Systems
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringData-Intensive Computing Systems Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.