Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Hyperspectral Image-Based Night-Time Fire Detection Using NKNBD
- Hyperspectral Image-Based Night-Time Fire Detection Using NKNBD
- Kim, HeeKang; Song, Chanho; Son, Guk-Jin; Jeong, Seong-Ho; Son, Jin-Hwan; Kim, Young-Duk
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, HeeKang; Kim, Young-Duk
- Issue Date
- 7th International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics, IIAI-AAI 2018, 974-975
- Fire detection on roads at night has many limitations in the fire detection technique using ordinary RGB cameras. It has the problem of misinterpretation of flame due to various lighting sources such as vehicle lighting (LED, halogen) and street lamp (LED, fluorescent lamp). Hyperspectral cameras have hundreds of bands that can distinguish light sources based on the spectra of the light source. Therefore, it is possible to distinguish between the light of the flame, the vehicle light on the road, and the light of the roadside tree. In this paper, a method to simulate a fire in an environment with vehicle lighting and streetlight and detect a fire using NKNBD (Normalized K and NIR Band Difference) in hyperspectral camera is discussed. © 2018 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
IoT, Disaster Respnse, Autonomous System
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.