Cited 0 time in
Cited 4 time in
A Mixed Integer Programming Approach for Autonomous and Connected Intersection Crossing Traffic Control
- A Mixed Integer Programming Approach for Autonomous and Connected Intersection Crossing Traffic Control
- Lu, Qiang; Kim, Kyoung Dae
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Kyoung Dae
- Issue Date
- 88th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC-Fall 2018
- This paper presents an optimization-based approach for safe and efficient intersection crossing traffic management under autonomous and connected ground traffic environment. The proposed algorithm, named MICA (Mixed integer programming based Intersection Coordination Algorithm), generates the fastest intersection crossing discrete-time trajectory for each vehicle approaching an intersection. Constraints are carefully designed and incorporated into the optimization process to avoid collisions while crossing an intersection. The performance of the proposed MICA is evaluated through extensive simulations using a microscopic traffic simulator, SUMO. The simulation results show that MICA performs substantially better in terms of the traffic throughput compared to both an optimized traffic light mechanism and DICA which is an intersection control algorithm proposed in our earlier work. © 2018 IEEE.
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringARC Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.