Cited 16 time in
Cited 17 time in
Programming of Plant Leaf Senescence with Temporal and Inter-Organellar Coordination of Transcriptome in Arabidopsis
- Programming of Plant Leaf Senescence with Temporal and Inter-Organellar Coordination of Transcriptome in Arabidopsis
- Woo, HR[Woo, Hye Ryun]; Koo, HJ[Koo, Hee Jung]; Kim, J[Kim, Jeongsik]; Jeong, H[Jeong, Hyobin]; Yang, JO[Yang, Jin Ok]; Lee, IH[Lee, Il Hwan]; Jun, JH[Jun, Ji Hyung]; Choi, SH[Choi, Seung Hee]; Park, SJ[Park, Su Jin]; Kang, B[Kang, Byeongsoo]; Kim, YW[Kim, You Wang]; Phee, BK[Phee, Bong-Kwan]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jin Hee]; Seo, C[Seo, Chaehwa]; Park, C[Park, Charny]; Kim, SC[Kim, Sang Cheol]; Park, S[Park, Seongjin]; Lee, B[Lee, Byungwook]; Lee, S[Lee, Sanghyuk]; Hwang, D[Hwang, Daehee]; Nam, HG[Nam, Hong Gil]; Lim, PO[Lim, Pyung Ok]
- DGIST Authors
- Woo, HR[Woo, Hye Ryun]; Hwang, D[Hwang, Daehee]; Nam, HG[Nam, Hong Gil]; Lim, PO[Lim, Pyung Ok]
- Issue Date
- Plant Physiology, 171(1), 452-467
- Article Type
- Plant leaves, harvesting light energy and fixing CO2, are a major source of foods on the earth. Leaves undergo developmental and physiological shifts during their lifespan, ending with senescence and death. We characterized the key regulatory features of the leaf transcriptome during aging by analyzing total- and small-RNA transcriptomes throughout the lifespan of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) leaves at multidimensions, including age, RNA-type, and organelle. Intriguingly, senescing leaves showed more coordinated temporal changes in transcriptomes than growing leaves, with sophisticated regulatory networks comprising transcription factors and diverse small regulatory RNAs. The chloroplast transcriptome, but not the mitochondrial transcriptome, showed major changes during leaf aging, with a strongly shared expression pattern of nuclear transcripts encoding chloroplast-targeted proteins. Thus, unlike animal aging, leaf senescence proceeds with tight temporal and distinct interorganellar coordination of various transcriptomes that would be critical for the highly regulated degeneration and nutrient recycling contributing to plant fitness and productivity. © 2016 American Society of Plant Biologists. All rights reserved.
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- Related Researcher
Lim, Pyung Ok
CBRG(Complex Biology Research Group)
Aging and programmen cell death in plants; RNA-based regulation of leaf aging; Synthetic genetics-based aging reprogramming
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of New BiologyCBRG(Complex Biology Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Department of New BiologySystems Biology and Medicine Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.