Cited 7 time in
Cited 16 time in
Predictive hybrid redundancy using exponential smoothing method for safety critical systems
- Predictive hybrid redundancy using exponential smoothing method for safety critical systems
- Kim, Man Ho; Lee, Suk; Lee, Kyung Chang
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Control Automation and Systems, 6(1), 126-134
- Article Type
- Computer Simulation; Double Exponential Smoothing Method; Drive-by-Wire System; Fault Tolerant Computer Systems; Fault Tolerant System; Predictive Control Systems; Predictive Hybrid Redundancy; Safety Critical Systems; Steering; Wheels
- As many systems depend on electronics, concern for fault tolerance is growing rapidly. For example, a car with its steering controlled by electronics and no mechanical linkage from steering wheel to front tires (steer-by-wire) should be fault tolerant because a failure can come without any warning and its effect is devastating. In order to make system fault tolerant, there has been a body of research mainly from aerospace field. This paper presents the structure of predictive hybrid redundancy that can remove most erroneous values. In addition, several numerical simulation results are given where the predictive hybrid redundancy outperforms wellknown average and median voters.
- Inst Control Robotics & Systems
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.