Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Synchrotron Small-Angle X-ray Scattering Study of Cross-Linked Polymeric Micelles
- Synchrotron Small-Angle X-ray Scattering Study of Cross-Linked Polymeric Micelles
- Kim, HC[Kim, Hyun-Chul]; Jin, KS[Jin, Kyeong Sik]; Lee, SG[Lee, Se Guen]; Kim, E[Kim, Eunjoo]; Lee, SJ[Lee, Sung Jun]; Jeong, SW[Jeong, Sang Won]; Lee, SW[Lee, Seung Woo]; Kim, KW[Kim, Kwang-Woo]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, HC[Kim, Hyun-Chul]; Lee, SG[Lee, Se Guen]; Kim, E[Kim, Eunjoo]; Lee, SJ[Lee, Sung Jun]; Jeong, SW[Jeong, Sang Won]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16(6), 6432-6439
- Article Type
- Amino Acids; Cross-Linked Polymeric Micelles; Cross-Linking; Cross Linking Agents; Destabilizing Agents; Dynamic Light Scattering; Electron Microscopy; Ethylene; Ethylene Glycol; High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy; Light Scattering; Light Transmission; Micelles; Motion Picture Experts Group Standards; Polymeric Micelle; Polymeric Micelles; Ring Opening Polymerization; Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate; Sodium Sulfate; Solutions; Structural Parameter; Synchrotron Small-Angle X-Ray Scattering; Synchrotron Small-Angle X-Ray Scatterings; Synchrotron X-Ray Scattering; Transmission Electron Microscopy; Transmission Electron Microscopy Images; X Ray Scattering
- Polymeric micelles of methoxypoly(ethylene glycol)-b-poly(lactide) containing lysine units (mPEG- PLA-Lys4) were cross-linked by reacting of lysine moieties with a bifunctional bis(N-hydroxysuccinimide ester). The micelles were characterized in aqueous solution using dynamic light scattering, transmission electron microscopy, and synchrotron small-angle X-ray scattering. The mPEG-PLA-Lys4 was synthesized through the ring-opening polymerization of N6-carbobenzyloxy- L-lysine N-carboxyanhydride with amine-terminated mPEG-PLA and subsequent deprotection. The polymeric micelles showed enhanced micelle stability after cross-linking, which was confirmed by adding sodium dodecyl sulfate as a destabilizing agent. The average diameters measured via dynamic light scattering were Delivered 19.1 nm by Ingenta and 29.2 nm for non-cross-linked polymeric micelles (NCPMs) and cross-linked polymeric micelles (CPMs), respectively. The transmission electron microscopy images showed that the size of the polymeric micelles increased slightly due to crosslinking, which was in good agreement with the DLS measurements. The overall structures and internal structural changes of NCPMs and CPMs in aqueous solution were studied in detail using synchrotron X-ray scattering method. According to the structural parameters of X-ray scattering analysis, CPMs with a more densely packed core structure were formed by reacting bifunctional cross-linking agents with lysine amino groups located in the innermost core of the polymeric micelles. Copyright © 2016 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
Biomarker, liquid biopsy, nanomedicine, molecular diagnosis
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.